Our ZEISS Quality Excellence Centre in Rugby, UK, is equipped to meet all of your imaging and measurement needs. With more than 18 measuring and microscopy systems and over 30 highly qualified employees, our many years of industrial metrology experience is available to you and your organisation.
Be it contact, optical or industrial computed tomography; form, surface, contour or roughness - our state-of-the-art and flexible line of instruments enables fast and accurate completion of your measuring tasks. Add additional value to your measurement workflow by using our Contract Measurement Services.
Claim Your Free Scan Today - Subject to initial consultation call
After a short consultation call with one of our metrology experts, we'll arrange to measure your part using the most suitable technology for your task. Once finished, we'll then provide you with a sample inspection report.
Call us on the number below or complete the form to find out more about ZEISS Contract Measurement Services and to claim your free scan*.
We look forward to hearing from you!
With the right measuring method for any material: be it sheet-metal parts, cast parts made of metal, plastic, ceramic, glass, deformable parts like rubber or silicone-like materials or fabric-covered surfaces, ZEISS has the right measuring method for any task.
- Inspection of the geometric product specifications – dimensions, form and location – with exceptional accuracy
- Creation of measuring programs for the ZEISS CALYPSO and ZEISS CALIGO
- Nominal-actual comparison, curve measurement, comparison against CAD data set
- Initial sampling with test report (e.g. VDA or PPAP)
- Reverse engineering using different processes, e.g. fringe projection, laser triangulation and computed tomography
- Highly accurate measurements of reference parts
- Measurement of all components from sectors including: Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, BIW, Powertrain, Gear Manufacture, All types of Precision engineering.
Measurement using CT enables the non-destructive inspection of assemblies, modules and entire devices through the visualization of the actual status of the interior. This permits assembly inspection, wear testing and defect analysis. Areas of parts with diameters of up to 1,500 mm can be tomographed with a resolution in the nanometer range.
We have an integrated range of microscopy instruments within our metrology department, giving you access to one of the largest microscopy portfolios in the world. Be it scanning electron microscopy (SEM) for chemical and structural information, laser confocal 3d imaging for surface topography and roughness, digital microscopy for routine imaging and batch analysis or optical light microscopy for surface analysis with an array of contrast techniques, ZEISS can support you.
The benefits of optical measuring technology are its high point density, speed and non-contact measuring. We measure point clouds using different ZEISS systems such as multisensor measuring machines and fringe light projectors.
Be it spiral-toothed bevel gears, slanted-tooth cylindrical gears, worm profiles or rotors, we can measure all standard gear types with an external diameter of up to three meters and evaluate it in line with the standards. The measuring solution is based on the given application. This can be a measurement with or without a rotary table and star stylus system, or a flat measurement with a fan stylus system.
Our form testers enable the analysis of roundness, cylinder form, perpendicularity, parallelism, straightness, flatness, coaxiality, concentricity, thickness error and radial runout. What’s more, our contour measuring devices and roughness sensors deliver reliable results across radii, bevels, contours, roughness, waviness, angles, cut-ins and length tolerances.
We use CAD data with PMI technology from most standard formats. Through direct input of the specific measuring uncertainty and traceability to national standards, we assure reliable results. Then it comes to the displaying measuring results, there are different possibilities depending on the requirements.
We’ll provide you with the results in the form of a nominal-actual comparison, a curve evaluation either in printed form or digitally. This means all options for using the measurement data are open to you.
Various interfaces enable export of the measuring results to CAQ systems or for process data capture via, e.g. ZEISS PiWeb.
Where Metrology & Microscopy Meet
From contact and optical measurements to computed tomography, electron and light microscopy – our ZEISS Quality Excellence Centre in Rugby, UK, is well equipped to meet all your metrology and imaging needs. Complex demands in measuring technology require in-depth expertise and understanding. The utilisation of state-of-the-art measuring machines enable us to find the ideal solution for each of your requirements.
Contact us to find out more about these services, and how metrology and microscopy systems can be correlated to add further value to your measurement workflow.
- Excludes pre-existing projects and/or enquires already entered into our database
- UK & Ireland based customers only
- Applies to parts which can be inspected using either SEM, CT or CMM technologies, and equipment must be available within Carl Zeiss Limited
- Customers’ first part or 60 minutes’ worth of labour ( whichever comes first) included free of charge
- In the event any custom Styli, fixturing or consumables are required to complete the inspection, further costs may apply
- ZEISS reserves to right to withdraw this offer at any time