All lenses have to be cleaned regularly because smudges and dirt can accumulate on lens and frame surfaces. Luckily it’s quick and easy to do thanks to the ZEISS range of spectacle cleaning products:
- ZEISS Lens Wipes are pre-moistened and are ideal for when you’re on the go. Simply open the sachet and use straight away.
- ZEISS Lens Cleaning Spray is an alternative to wipes and should be applied with a clean microfibre cloth.
If you wear spectacles, you’ll understand how irritating it is when your lenses fog up. Whether you come in from the cold, cook, have a hot drink, play sports or wear a mask – foggy lenses make it difficult to see. There is a solution to the problem – the ZEISS range includes an antifog spray and cloth for glasses. ZEISS AntiFOG Kit is an effective solution that can keep your lenses fog free for up to 72 hours.
Digital displays such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and watch screens tend to accumulate a lot of fingerprint marks, dirt and grime. As these surfaces are frequently touched, it’s important to include them as part of your cleaning routine. The ZEISS range of cleaningproducts also includes specially developed cleaning wipes, which work effectively and safely on displays and are easy to use.
Using your sleeve, tie or a tissue might be handy, but these really aren't suitable for cleaning your lenses and could risk damaging them. ZEISS Lens Wipes are gentle on your lenses, ensure streak-free results and are quick and easy to use. The soft microfine tissue is pre-moistened with a unique combination of cleaning agents, ensuring that your lenses aren't subjected to any of the aggressive substances contained in many lens cleaners. Good for you – and for your glasses.
- ZEISS Lens Wipes have been specifically developed for the gentle and effective cleaning of glass and plastic lenses, and are particularly effective for high quality, coated precision lenses.
- ZEISS Lens Wipes have been awarded the COLTS (an independent laboratory) seal, which shows that it they cleans gently, effectively and safely.
- The pre-moistened wipes easily remove smudges, dirt, fingerprints, dust and oil.
- The cleaning formula leaves lenses free of streaks and residue.
- The gentle formulation is suitable for high-quality coated lenses, leaving a scratch-free finish.
- Dries in seconds for quick and effective results.
- The wipes are individually wrapped, making them ideal for use on-the-go or at home.
- The soft microfine tissues are made using natural cellulose. This means they are biodegradable and they contain no plastic microbeads.
- Alcohol-based and fragrance-free, the wipes safely and thoroughly clean all optical surfaces, including cameras and binoculars.
- Open a sachet of ZEISS Lens Wipes and remove the folded wipe.
- Hold the glasses gently by the frame.
- Using the folded wipe, gently wipe away any surface dust from the lens and frame.
- Next unfold the wipe and begin to clean the lens with circular movements until it’s clean.
Cleaning spectacle lenses has never been easier, thanks to the specially-designed ZEISS Lens Cleaning Spray.
- A professional solution for safely and quickly cleaning all lenses.
- Specially formulated to gently dissolve grease and lift off dirt to leave a streak-free finish
- Designed for use on all glass and plastic spectacle lenses (particularly high-quality, coated lenses)
- For best results use in combination with a clean microfibre cloth.
- Hold your glasses gently by the frame.
- Spray the surface of your lenses with ZEISS Lens Cleaning Spray
- Using a clean microfibre cloth, gently wipe away any surface dust from the lens and frame.
- Continue using circular motions to rub the lenses until clean.
Fogging lenses can become a real irritation, especially for those who wear spectacles for long hours on end. It becomes especially difficult to see when you play sports, have a hot drink, or cook. ZEISS AntiFOG Kit is a convenient solution for glasses that can keep your lenses fogfree for up to 72 hours. This means clearer, more comfortable vision, even when you have to wear a face mask.
- Prevents fogging and misting of spectacles, sunglasses, goggles and camera lenses.
- The combination of ZEISS AntiFOG spray applied with the ZEISS AntiFOG Cloth can make your lenses stay fog-free for up to 72 hours without influencing optical quality.
- ZEISS AntiFOG spray and ZEISS cloth leaves behind a thin film (comparable with a temporary additional coating) on the lenses. This ensures that fine, condensed water droplets cannot adhere to the lens surface.
- Thanks to the specially developed cloth, this process is quick, gentle and does not damage the lens coating.
- This product can be used with coated snow goggles, sunglasses, helmet visors, ski, swimming and diving goggles as well as with lenses for computer glasses, protective eyewear and camera lenses.
- ZEISS AntiFOG Kit & Wipes awarded Good Housekeeping Institute Accreditation.
- In order to ensure that ZEISS AntiFOG works optimally, the lenses should first be cleaned using ZEISS Lens Wipes or Lens Cleaning Spray to remove any dust or dirt from the lenses.
- When completely dry, spray both sides of the lens with the AntiFOG Spray.
- Next use the AntiFOG cloth to wipe your lenses until the surface is completely dry.
- Apply a new coat of AntiFOG as required to ensure optimal performance.
Mobile phones, monitors and laptop screens attract dust quite easily, and this can make it difficult to see and work properly. The easiest and safest way to clean your digital devices is with a wipe specially designed for screens. These are often pre-moistened, so you don’t run the risk of damaging your expensive digital items by over wetting them.
- Specifically developed for the gentle and effective cleaning of digital devices (Smartphones, tablets, laptops and computers).
- Designed to remove fingerprints, dirt, dust and oil.
- The fast-drying formulation dries in seconds for quick results.
- The wipes are individually wrapped, so you can clean your devices at home, at the office or on the go.
- The gentle formulation is free from alcohol, ammonia and fragrances but still cleans all devices thoroughly.
- ZEISS Smartphone & Tablet Wipes are soft, microfine, single-use tissues which are made using natural cellulose. This means they are biodegradable and they contain no plastic microbeads.
- Remove your phone or tablet from its case or sleeve.
- Open a sachet of ZEISS Smartphone Wipes and remove the folded wipe.
- Lightly brush away any dust and dirt from the screen with the folded wipe.
- Unfold the wipe and begin to clean the screen and body of the phone, tablet or smartwatch using circular motions. Ensure you clean all around the surface of the device.
- Charging points tend to accumulate a lot of dirt and grime. Use the wipes to clean the surface area around these points and then use a small brush, dry foam swab or a dry cotton bud to gently remove dirt inside this area.
- Clean the tablet case or sleeve based on its material. For the majority of plastic or hard cases warm water and soap is adequate. When the case is completely dry, replace your device.
Find out everything you need to know about cleaning and disinfecting your glasses.
What are the ingredients in ZEISS Lens Wipes?
ZEISS Lens Wipes contain a specific combination of ingredients that includes Isopropanol (IPA) which is also used in cleaning of medical instruments. ZEISS Smartphone & Tablet Wipes contain specific surfactants for gentle and effective cleaning of mobile devices including smartphones and tablets. ZEISS Lens Wipes contain specific surfactants for gentle and effective cleaning of optical surfaces.
What is the difference between ZEISS Lens Wipes and ZEISS Smartphone & Tablet Wipes?*
Lens Wipes contain alcohol, whilst Smartphone & Tablet Wipes are alcohol free.
What are the ingredients in ZEISS Cleaning Sprays?
ZEISS Lens Cleaning Spray contains specific surfactants for gentle and effective cleaning of all optical surfaces.
How do I clean my spectacle lenses or optical surfaces with ZEISS Lens Wipes?
Instructions are included on all wipe packaging, but they are quick and easy to use. First, lightly brush away dust and dirt with the folded wipe and then unfold the wipe and clean the surface using circular movements. After around ten seconds, the surface should be clean and dry.
Where can I buy ZEISS Wipes?
ZEISS Lens Wipes are available at your local ZEISS Optician or via Amazon.co.uk. ZEISS Smartphone & Tablet Wipes are available on Amazon.co.uk.
Can ZEISS Lens Wipes or ZEISS Lens Cleaning Spray be used to clean contact lenses?
No, under no circumstances should these be used for contact lenses. Please refer to your contact lens manufacturer’s guidelines for more information on contact lens cleaning.
Do ZEISS Lens Wipes have anti-fog or anti-static properties?
No, ZEISS Lens Wipes don’t have anti-fog or anti-static properties. Our DuraVision Coatings offer these features and we have an AntiFOG Kit which is designed to prevent fogging on lenses for up to 3 days.
How does ZEISS AntiFOG spray work?
For best results when using ZEISS AntiFOG, the lenses should first be cleaned using ZEISS Lens Wipes or Lens Cleaning Spray to remove any dust or dirt from the lenses. Once the lenses are completely dry, spray both sides of the lens with the AntiFOG Spray. Next, use the enclosed AntiFOG Cloth until the surface is completely dry. The thin layer of coating should last for up to 72 hours. You should repeat this application process as the effects begin to reduce with time.
Can I use any cloth with the ZEISS AntiFOG Spray?
The special AntiFOG Cloth contained in our AntiFOG Kit is pre-treated with ingredients which work together with the spray to apply the required coating to your lenses. Using a standard microfibre cloth in conjunction with the AntiFOG Spray therefore will not achieve the same results.
Can ZEISS Wipes or ZEISS Sprays be used to clean CDs and DVDs?
ZEISS Wipes and Sprays have not been tested on CDs and DVDs as they are designed for optical surfaces only. We do not recommend cleaning of these items with ZEISS Wipes or ZEISS Cleaning Sprays.
Are ZEISS Lens Wipes safe to use on my anti-reflective coated spectacle lenses?
Yes, they are particularly effective in cleaning anti-reflective coated spectacle lenses. ZEISS Lens Wipes are suitable for all spectacles, particularly high-quality, coated precision lenses.
Can I re-use ZEISS Wipes after opening?
No, each wipe has been designed for a single cleaning application while it is moist. This ensures that no grit is transferred from one clean to the next. Reusable cleaning cloths have been found to retain small abrasive particles that can create minute scratches on your lens/digital devices.
Are ZEISS Lens Wipes safe to use on other optical surfaces e.g. computer screens, mobile phones, iPads, cameras, Plasma TVs, and LCD TVs?
ZEISS Lens Wipes are suitable for camera lenses as well as spectacle lenses and we recommend using ZEISS Smartphone Wipes for tablets, smartphones and TVs.
My digital device manufacturer recommends cleaning with an alcohol wipe, can I use ZEISS wipes?
For all digital devices you should check your manufacturer’s guidelines on suitable cleaning methods and clean accordingly. If an alcohol-based cleaning wipe is recommended, then ZEISS Lens Wipes can be used if used in accordance with the device cleaning instructions.
How should I store my ZEISS Lens/Smartphone Wipes?
You should store the wipes in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight or heat.
1. Don't just reach for your tissue, tie or sleeve to clean your glasses – you're not doing your lenses any favours. Don't forget: proper lens care increases the longevity of your lenses and ensures better vision. Even when you're on the go, make sure you use cleaning products from trusted experts in the optics industry.
2. Don't wash microfibre cloths in water warmer than 40° C and don't add fabric softener – otherwise the cloth will leave streaks the next time you clean your glasses.
3. Scratches can't be wiped away, no matter if you have plastic or glass lenses. In this case, prevention is advisable because scratched lenses should be replaced immediately. Even if the defect only appears cosmetic, light disperses through the tiny scratch, irritating the eye. That's why it's important to clean your lenses with lens wipes.
4. Your glasses need a home! Store them in a hard case whenever you're not wearing them. If you don't have a case with you, make sure you put them in a safe spot with the lenses facing upwards.
5. Glasses don't like extremely high or extremely low temperatures. The heat generated in a car on a hot summer day, for instance, is also something to be avoided. The same holds true for the sauna or the heating at home. Don't subject your glasses to extreme temperatures more than is necessary.