The world is undergoing a process of rapid change and our vision needs are changing accordingly. However, our eyes do not evolve so quickly. With the new ZEISS Progressive Lenses portfolio, we actively respond to the different trends and arising consumer needs – in order to provide better vision.
- Digital devices require a closer reading distance than books or any other print media
- Fast and dynamic eye movements – from near to far and back, all day long – need to be considered
- Digital Inside® Technology
- Pure vision with enhanced performance for the digital world
One of the main trends in today’s world is the increased use of digital devices. Interaction with computers, mobile phones and tablets has become a big part of our business and personal lives over the past few years.
As a result, human eyes face greater challenges than ever before.
The reading distance when using digital devices is closer than when reading books or any other print media. Eye movements are fast and dynamic, from near to far and back, all day long. This must be taken into consideration in order to avoid severe eye strain, fatigue and unnatural head and body posture.
ZEISS Progressive Lens Portfolio responds to the visual requirements of digital device users.
- Strain-free and clear vision for print media and digital device use for people aged 40+
- Fast focus and dynamic vision all day long, even for the challenges of today’s world
- Thin and lightweight lenses
Progressive lens optimised for conventional reading behaviour:
Near vision zone and inset adjusted for reading distance with print media.
Progressive lens not optimised for digital reading behaviour:
Near vision zone is not compatible with the shorter reading distance needed for digital devices. The result: an unnatural head and body posture is required to move digital devices into the clear near vision zone.
ZEISS Progressive Lens Portfolio responds to this new challenge with enhanced vision for the digital world.
Digital Inside® Technology - Progressive lens optimised for conventional and digital reading behaviour:
Near vision zone is extended vertically and horizontally for both reading distances – conventional print media and digital devices. The result: relaxed and natural head and body posture.
- Rapid changes occur in frame fashion – with new shapes and sizes
- Allowing for new (e.g. larger) frame sizes and learned eye movement behaviour is the key to delivering the best optics and fast adaptation with any frame
- The anatomy of the face determines the vision experience through a progressive lens
- A modern, high-tech progressive lens should be adapted to the physiological facial parameters to ensure that the wearer’s full vision potential can be used
- More and more people are asking for a tailor-made solution
- A progressive lens should not only take into account the wearer's physiology, but also their main daily activities to deliver the best natural vision in any situation
Clear vision thanks to high precision from advanced eye model with point-by-point calculation and advanced freeform production.
Strain-free and good dynamic vision with fast focus in any distanceand direction.
Best balance between optics and thin and light lenses.
ZEISS is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of spectacle lenses, and is committed to delivering maximum precision and comfort. ZEISS designs and produces lenses, instruments and measurement systems, as well as retail concepts and technology services that continue to raise the bar in vision care.