LotuTec® is the innovative ZEISS spectacle lens coating that helps you to enjoy clear vision at all times. The water and grease-repellent coating displays a strong beading effect that significantly simplifies cleaning.
The Super ET broadband anti-reflective coating eliminates irritating glare and reflections. The hard coating makes the lens surface tougher.
As with some plant leaves, fluid and dirt particles gather on the surface of the lens.
As with lotus leaves, fluid and dirt simply drip or fall off the lens thanks to the Clean Coat of LotuTec®.
More than good durability
LotuTec® sets pioneering standards in durability. Wearers will enjoy a totally new experience in wearing comfort - thanks to the lotus effect of Clean Coat.
Principle invented by nature
A principle of nature inspired us to invent the outstanding Clean Coat - the lotus effect.
Simply clean - simple to clean
Fluid and dirt simply drip or fall off the lens. Cleaning and lens care are much easier if the lens does get dirty.
ZEISS lenses with LotuTec® AR coating are durable lenses as they are provided with a hard lacquer.
2. Dirt resistant
Thanks to the ultra-smooth Clean Coat, dust and lint do not adhere to the surface easily.
3. Very easy to clean
The super-slick Clean Coat makes lenses very easy to clean. Lenses with high contact angle repel oil and water more effectively.
4. Anti-reflective properties
Green reflection colour provides good anti-reflective properties.
Surface and coating structure
- Pre-treatment and compression through ion bombardment
- Optimisation of internal stress
- Optimally adapted to the base lens material and the coating structure
- Strengthened by nano-particles
Super ET anti-reflection coating
- Residual reflection with discreet, aquamarine colour
- Very low reflectance
- Excellent transparency of over 99 %
- Hard coating, reinforced by nano-particles
- Adhesive layer with optimised formula
- Super ET anti-reflection coating, proven multilayer structure with outstanding transparency
- Clean Coat, extremely smooth, revolutionary lotus effect + optimisation of internal stress
- Innovative nano-technology
Pre-treatment of lens surface through ion bombardment
- Totally new production equipment
An investment totalling millions of euros
- Unique know-how
Development exclusively for and with ZEISS
- New coating design and material
The materials originate in the semiconductor technology
- State-of-the-art production processes
New washing processes, new surface treatment
- Revolutionary Clean Coat
Unparalleled smooth coating surface
ZEISS is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of spectacle lenses, and is committed to delivering maximum precision and comfort. ZEISS designs and produces lenses, instruments and measurement systems, as well as retail concepts and technology services that continue to raise the bar in vision care.